Image Map

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

How To Feel Like A Rockstar

Some things happened last week that made me feel pretty good about myself so I thought I would share.  Here are some instant ego boosters.

For our anniversary, I gave Nathanial some notecards I custom designed for him. He wrote a letter to one of his favorite podcasts on one of the cards (this podcast asks for viewer letters) and they spent several minutes at the end of the episode discussing how awesome the notecard was.

"It's got his initials on. It's really well designed."


#PodcastFamous

I've occasionally done graphic design at work, but never as frequently as I am in my current job. I usually outsourced work to an actual graphic designer in the past. It's pretty cool to walk around the university and see posters, web graphics, etc. that I've designed myself. 


#UniversityFamous


We've been studying missionaries in Mexico with our little friends at church. Last week was the last session on Mexico so I thought we'd celebrate with a pinata.  1 pinata + lots of candy = instant hero.

We share this room with another group.  None of the clutter in the background is ours. :)
#kidhero

We had a church potluck on Sunday and I made an Asian Crunchy Salad. I've made it a few times and it's always a hit.  I can't remember where I found the recipe, but I know it came from someone in the Duck Dynasty family.  



It's always my goal for the food I bring to events to be the first thing gone - and this recipe never fails.  You won't regret making it!  #PotluckQueen

You could also feel like a rockstar by actually being a rockstar and doing a surprise concert in a remote place.  This happened a few weeks ago when Jack White (of the White Stripes) announced on a Monday morning he would be doing an acoustic show that evening. Tickets were only $3, limit one per person.  The announcement went out at 8 a.m. and there was a line by 8:10. The tickets went on sale at noon and all (nearly 1000) were gone by 12:30.  Did I mention this actually happened? At the college where I work.  The concert was held in one of the buildings I'm in charge of marketing.  The website had more than 10,000 hits that morning.  It was my second week on the job. Two weeks in and I could already show a significant boost to website traffic. #MarketingRockstar ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment