What I'm learning with this move and even our visit back South is to appreciate wherever you are. Every place has beauty and uniqueness to be celebrated. Seek out opportunities to do something new and make some memories. Bloom where you are planted.
Here are some of the ways I've made memories in each of the places I've been lucky enough to call home.
- Some of my favorite memories in Houston have come from sporting events. I loved watching the Astros and even the now defunct Aeros.
- The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is definitely an event to be celebrated. It earns the title of holiday in my book.
- Pick your own farm. My family still laughs about the time we got soaked in the rain picking strawberries.
- Baylor Homecoming. More about that here.
- Tortilla tossing is a favorite Waco past time. You fling tortillas from an old suspension bridge and try to land them on a post in the middle of the Brazos river. Flour tortillas work the best. And you can never have enough tortillas.
- Floating the river doesn't really happen in Waco but it's a short enough drive to make the list. Schlitterbahn is an absolute must too.
- Taking a glacier cruise was a phenomenal experience. Glaciers calving and tons of sea otters. It doesn't get much better than that.
- Hiking through the snow to take Christmas card photos made for an afternoon of laughs.
|Taking stealthy pictures of a photographer and not slipping in the snow takes some real talent.|