Recently Nathanial and I saw the new Cinderella movie. There's something so enchanting about that story. It still seems to conjure the same excitement and awe in me as it did when I was a child. Tonight as I reflected on the day, it dawned on me that there is so much more romance in the every day.
Little girls should dream not of being swept out of a pumpkin carriage and off their feet but should dream of a Godly man that will make even the most ordinary day seem like a fairy tale.
They should want a husband who (in no particular order):
- Would rather spend an evening listening to a podcast about the Bible than finish the show you've been binge watching on Netflix
- Will start talking in a fake accent to keep you calm and laughing when it's 11 p.m. the night before Easter and you still have 4 more dishes to make for the church luncheon you planned
- And will also jump in to help where needed and grate carrots like a pro
- Will make multiple trips to the church dumpster during the lunch because he's the only one who notices the trash cans are full
- And will still graciously take a selfie with you afterwards because you forgot to take any pictures
- He'll also agree to wear a hot pink tie so you look coordinated
- Who will start a Bible study because he's tired of your church not having anything for men
- Who may not have much experience with kids but will still agree to help you teach the 3 & 4 year old class at church. He'll also be a good sport and volunteer to watch your friend's three little girls on a Friday evening
- Will be your biggest supporter and cheerleader even if that means standing outside in freezing temperatures while you run
- Will inspire you to be the best version of yourself
- Will use his talents to worship God but also to serenade you with your favorite songs on a week night
- Will encourage you to always be kind and will selflessly show up to help remodel a basement or help an elderly couple move
- Will wake up early to make you breakfast on your first day at a new job
I am so incredibly blessed to be Nathanial's wife. I am so thankful for a husband whose love for me is only surpassed by his love for his Savior. This list could go on for pages but I also married the man who will be so annoyed by this post. Who wouldn't see any of these things as something to be bragged about. That's the beauty of it though. It's the little things; the every day moments, that make for the best romance.