Image Map

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Getting Here Part 2: Frozen

The weeks in between our apartment being packed up and arriving in Alaska were wonderful and exactly what I needed.  I missed Nathanial as he did another business trip in Anchorage, but enjoyed being able to wrap up my work at Texas Children's and spend some quality time with family and friends without the stress of the move.


 
I was so glad I got to attend Kevin & Jessica's gender reveal party!
 There were lots of things to celebrate during those weeks.

I turned 26 and N sent a gorgeous bouquet to my office.


We ordered a cake from our wedding baker to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.



Jason and his family returned from the last trip of their summer vacation and we did some fun activities with our niece and nephew.

We had a blast at Top Golf.


Saying goodbye to so many people we love was really difficult but we were blessed by several sweet going away celebrations.  

My colleagues at Texas Children's Hospital ordered Tiff's Treats for my send off.  Tiff's delivers the best cookies.  Not only are they delicious but they are also hot & gooey upon delivery.  An absolute must if you're in the Houston or Austin areas.

The Sunday before we left, we bid farewell to friends from our Sunday school class. They became an important part of our lives and walked through life with us from Angola to Alaska.  Seldom did a week go by that we weren't on the prayer list, but everyone was kind and gracious and supportive every step of the way.  Our awesome teacher David rarely teaches from our curriculum and surprised us on our last Sunday with a special lesson on choosing Godly friends.  He and his wife Carol moved shortly after they married 37 years ago and had some words of wisdom for us.  After class, everyone pitched in for a wonderful pot luck lunch.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love a theme.  That trait is something I inherited from my mom. She threw us an over the top Frozen themed extravaganza complete with party games the night before we left for the airport.

My mom set the stage from the moment we walked in with a winter wreath and snowman decor galore.  


My brother and sister-in-law had Pappasito's cater so we could make sure and get our last fill of Tex Mex.

We played several games after dinner including snowman bowling, marshmallow toss, snowman build and even put the nose on Olaf.

Kate's face pretty much sums up the night.  So many fun, hilarious moments.



For dessert, there was an ice cream bar and candy galore.



This table was all decked out with everything from blue & white rock candy to dipped oreos that looked like snowmen.






No comments:

Post a Comment