Image Map

Thursday, November 26, 2015

What Where They Thinking: Movers Edition

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I'm still trying to come to terms with the weather in Texas and 90% humidity and 80 degree temperatures aren't helping.

It was great to get to spend the holiday with family. And even better to get to eat my mom's cooking again. Hooray for family and good food.

I represented Alaska during my time in the kitchen with this cute apron my mom bought on a trip years ago. 


My favorite part of the day was probably when my grandma decided to go lay in my nephew's hammock. She's usually not one for adventure. It became even more funny when my nephew got in it with her. 


Nathanial and I headed back to our house (the one we bought in Texas, closed on earlier this week and I still haven't blogged about) to start going through the sea of boxes that the movers brought yesterday. This move is proving to be much worse than any other so I'm sure this will be the first of many posts  on the subject. 

There were several moments in the midst of unpacking where I wondered what the movers had been thinking. 

Here are a few:
- Moving policy said no liquids but they packed a scrubber brush FULL of dish soap. I'm glad there were 5 pounds of paper to absorb the blue Dawn that leaked everywhere. 

- They put a painted canvas (a one of a kind masterpiece might I add) paint side closest to the cardboard. With sharp objects in the box. 

- They packed the racks to our kitchen sink. The one that's still in our Anchorage house. 

- They packed paper napkins and a plate holder together. 


- They packed a beverage dispenser and Pyrex dish inside a laundry basket. This is especially impressive considering each of those items had been in a different room. 


This is only a few boxes in. There's no telling what else I'll find.

Tomorrow you can find me Black Friday shopping in boxes. Remembering the stuff I already had and figuring out where it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment