Image Map

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

What Really Matters


I try to keep it light on here. It's more fun that way and I get less worried phone calls from my family. 

Yesterday I was planning on writing about clinging onto fall and the things I'm loving this season. Then my best friend called with hard news. The kind where you just want to curl up in a ball and cry. The kind of news that makes everything else seem so trivial. In those moments as I struggled to find the right words, I realized how few things that we place importance on really matter. 

I wanted so badly to be able to say something that would help, but I didn't know what to say. I wanted to be able to do something, anything, to make it hurt less for her. To make the situation better. There was nothing I could do but turn it over to God.

I don't know why hard things happen.

But I do know that whatever the circumstance, God is in control. My faith is a core part of me and how I live life.  Yesterday as I struggled to wrap my head around what was happening to my friend, I couldn't help but think of how even in those dark, and hard moments God is there.  I can't imagine going through life without the promise of that.  I'm thankful for an all sovereign God - one who is in control and has plans greater than I could ever imagine, but is also a God who comforts and provides peace, who knows how tough life can be and is there each step of the way.

And that's what really matters.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail."
 Lamentation 3:22




No comments:

Post a Comment