Image Map

Friday, October 16, 2015

Big News

Cricket cricket.

I've struggled with writing a new blog post because so much has been going on. Where to even begin.

First, thanks for the prayers based on my last post. God worked in a big way. A tumor was found in my best friend's infant son but the most recent scans show they were able to get it all. Such a relief.

Nathanial and I found out last week we will be moving back to Texas SOON. As in, by this time next week my house will be completely empty, soon.

There's not much that's great about this expedited time frame, but on the plus side, it doesn't give me much time to linger in my feelings about it.  People keep asking how I'm doing, how I'm handling having so much going on, and the truth is I don't have a choice. The move is happening regardless so I can either be steamrolled by it or roll with the punches and try to whittle down our ever growing to do list.

We got very little sleep over the weekend - shout out to my friends with newborns, I'm more than happy to bring you coffee from now on - getting our house ready to list. It's been on the market since Monday and since Monday I've felt like I was living in a museum.  We've had several showings so fingers crossed, one of them wants to buy it. Until then, we'll continue having the most spotless house on the block and spend every night playing what's different here.  After Monday's showings, my couch and bed pillows were messed up.  Way to get into the house buying experience, mystery buyers.  Other showings left the shower curtain and doormats askew. One set of buyers didn't even manage to close the screen door. I said I didn't want anyone buying our house that couldn't figure out how to close a door, but N said he didn't care as long as they could pay.  True that.

We're also in the process of selling N's truck which means we'll get to buy a new house and a new car when we get to Houston.  Apparently our marriage motto is big changes in short time frames. We still like being around each so I guess it's working. :)

There are lots of other logistics either in the works or still to be determined. For now, I'm just really thankful for N, a God who I know has everything under control, awesome family and friends willing to help in whatever way possible and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

And because I need to take advantage of Alaskan things for this blog while I can, enjoy this scenery.





No comments:

Post a Comment